What you can do
Don’t write to your MP. It seems to me they have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo. Educate yourself and find out what’s going on. Here is a list of the some of the videos, talks and books I’ve listened to and read:
- Jeremy Jackson, Ocean Apocalypse.
- Charles Clover – The End of the Line.
- Videos on the environmental impacts of salmon farming.
- Michael Pollen, Omnivore’s dilemma.
- Marian Nestle, Food corporations and related issues.
- Michael Moss, Salt, sugar and fat.
- Robert Lustig, Sugar, The Bitter Truth.
- Melanie Warner, Pandora’s Lunchbox.
- Eric Schlosser, Fast Food Nation.
- Morgan Spurlock, Supersize me.
- Joel Salatin, Folks, This Ain’t Normal
- Earthlings, a harrowing film about how humans treat animals.
- Land of Hope and Glory, a film about industrial animal production in the UK.
- Guardian online articles on modern farming.
- Chris Packham, great in his less scripted moments.
- George Monbiot, Feral.
- Michael McCarthy, The Moth Snowstorm: Nature and Joy / Say Goodbye to the Cuckoo.
- Rachel Carson’s poignant Silent Spring.